Thursday, February 11, 2010

14 Days of Love - Single on Valentines Day?

First of all let me say I am so sorry I didn’t post anything yesterday! I feel horrible I wanted to make sure I posted everyday for this 14 Days of Love experiment but yesterday I messed up however I do have an excuse about why I didn’t post anything yesterday. So her it is, I was in Sarasota visiting colleges and then when I got home I had to do more college applications online. I was like a walking zombie when I got to the end of that plus it was way past midnight so I just went to my comfy bed. Thus the reason I didn’t post yesterday =[ but then again they do say absence makes the heart grow fonder so maybe me not posting yesterday made you miss me =].




Anyhow since I forgot to post yesterday today I wanted to make sure I gave you some good solid information. At the beginning of February I posted an article on Associated Content about what to do if you’re single on Valentines Day so today I wanted to share it with you. Check it out



Valentine’s Day, the day when love is celebrated worldwide but what happens if on Valentine’s Day you don’t have someone to share it with. The truth is many people are single on Valentine’s Day and in my opinion there are two ways to deal with it. Option number one, sit around and pine for a relationship or option number two enjoy Valentine’s Day anyway. You may ask how this is possible. Indeed many people think that to have a great Valentine’s Day you have to be in a relationship but the truth is Valentine’s Day can be rather fun even if you’re single. So I have created a quick list of sample ideas for having a great Valentine’s Day as a fun-loving single.



#1 – Make it About You

On Valentine’s Day it’s so easy to think about all the other people in relationships but why not make it out you? Being single on Valentine’s Day isn’t a crime and you deserve to enjoy it no matter what. So light some candles, eat some chocolates, take a long bath and watch your favorite movie. Stay in, do what makes you happy and just relax. Don’t think about going out and going through all the Valentine’s Day craziness. Instead make it about you, relax and do whatever makes you happy. As they say just have some me time.



#2 – Make it A Girls Night Out

Even though sometimes it feels like you’re the only single person in the word, it’s very likely that some of your girlfriends are single as well. So instead of everyone sitting around and mopping, why not make it a girl’s night out? Gather all your single friends, get dressed up, hit the town and have some fun! Spending time with your friends is a fun and easy way to spend Valentine’s Day. The truth is relationships come and go but true friends will also be there for you no matter what so go have a great Valentine’s Day celebrating your friendship.



#3 – Make it a Take a Chance Night

There are three kinds of single, single because you want to be, single because there are no prospects on the horizon and single because you’re two afraid to jump into the relationship that’s right in front of you. So I want to discuss the third reason for being single. If there is a guy you really like but he hasn’t made a move yet then you’re the third kind of single. Valentine’s Day is probably one of the best days to take a chance on a relationship. I know it can be scary after all what if he doesn’t feel the same way? He may indeed not feel the same way but if that turns out to be true you won’t have lost anything. In fact you’ve gained something; you’ve gained the ability to move onto the next relationship. However if by chance he does feel the same way then you’ve just jumped into a new relationship that could be quite wonderful. Either way you can finally know if he wants you. So on Valentine’s Day take a deep breath, take a chance and find out if you have a Valentine after all.



I hope those few ideas helped you realize that Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be horrible if you’re single. It might not be perfect but it can still be rather good. So this Valentine’s Day if you have someone, congratulations and if not keep your chin up and go have a fantastic Valentine’s Day anyway.



Did you like that article? I hope you did, we are getting closer to Valentines Day and to the end of our little experiment so stay with me and let’s make this the best Valentines Day weekend ever!



Until tomorrow, God Bless,

Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author
http://www.gracehatton.com/



P.S – Want a copy of my book “The Guys The Roses & The Regrets”? Go to Amazon.com to pick up your copy in time for Valentines Day!

No comments: