Wednesday, February 3, 2010

14 Days of Love - The Online Search for Love

Its day three of our little 14 Days of Love experiment and its harder than you think to blog every day but today I decided to just search for love. So I hopped on Yahoo and put in Love in the search engine. I have to admit I was pretty curious to see what would come up.


The photo to the left is the first image search for love, interesting right? Anywho as far as the top 5 sites that come up when you search love online.



1. Love – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2. K-Love Christian Radio Network
3. Positive Encouraging K-LOVE – Listen Online
4. love: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com
5. Luv‘ – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



So yes if you ever wanted to know what comes up when you search for love, now you know but what else comes up is WikiQuotes. WikiQuotes is pretty amazing and they have some amazing quotes about love and I decided to share a couple of my favourites.



I’ve made the most important discovery of my life. It’s only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found.” -John Forbes Nash (portrayed by Russell Crowe, in A Beautiful Mind (2001)

The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.” -Matthew Henry in Commentary on the Whole Bible, Vol. 1, under Genesis 2:21


You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn’t true. I know a lot about love. I’ve seen it, seen centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate… Made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way that mankind loves… I mean, you could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So, yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and… What I’m trying to say, Tristan, is… I think I love you. My heart… It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it doesn’t belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I’d wish for nothing in exchange — no gifts, no goods, no demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me, too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine” – Yvaine” in Stardust (2007 film), based on Stardust (1998), by Neil Gaiman.



All of those quotes remind me of the beauty of love and as a single gal it reminds me that I’d rather be single now and have that kind of love later than settle for the average. True love is a rare amazing thing and I don’t think we should ever cheapen it. I have to admit I get pretty annoyed when couples just say they love each other because they think they should. It’s not even as though the couple has to have known each other for a long time (my parents were engaged a month after they met and have been married for 25 years) its more about understanding the meaning of those three words.



If you truly love someone you would through yourself in front of a bus to protect them so all I am saying is lets remember how unique, rare and special love is =]



Until tomorrow have a good night and God Bless
Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author
http://www.gracehatton.com/



P.S – Want a copy of my book “The Guys The Roses & The Regrets”? Go to Amazon.com to pick up your copy in time for Valentines Day!

No comments: