Monday, May 10, 2010

Disappointment and Airplanes

So it’s officially May and usually I am quite fond of May but not this year. Why you might ask? Well its simply because the Pepsi Refresh Everything grant program is over and I didn’t win the $25k grant. That $25k grant would have been amazing and really helped me launch my magazine. Its disappointing to work so hard for something and then in the end have all your work count for nothing.



I know I am not the only one to be disappointed but my wounds are still fresh and whats a blog for if not to vent? But the real question is how are we supposed to act when life disppoints us. Do we sit around and moap about our bad luck or do we decide tofind another way around our promblem. My choice, I decide to get back up and fight. Some of the greastest moments in history came because someone decided not to give up but to fight for their dream.

Just because I didn’t win the grant doesn’t mean I am going to give up my dream. I am going to launch my magazine this summer no matter what! Losing the Pepsi Grant just means I have to find another way to fund it. So I encourage you if you’ve been disappointed like me recently, take a deep breath, decide on a new course of action, stand up and carry on pursuing your dream. Its that simple.


The other things I wanted to share with you is a song I am currently obsessed with me and has helped me through my disappointment. The song is Airplanes by B.O.B featuring Hayley Williams. The lyrics to this song are pretty awesome especially the chorus.


Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right, wish right now, wish right now.


Listen to the whole song in the fancy youtube video below




The reason I love these lyrics is because its taking something we see everyday (airplanes) and turns them into the thing we need (shooting stars a.k.a a wish). Its a great song about how everyday we can find something simple and turn it into something beautiful. I also really like the beat and Hayley’s voice is perfect.



I hope you enjoyed this post, please remember even though we face disappointment its not the end of the world. Its simply an opportunity for us to rise above the circumstance and prove the world wrong,


Until next time, be blessed, stay strong and never give up,



God Bless,
Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author
http://www.gracehatton.com/

No comments: