Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Memories from the Miami Book Fair and The Countdown to New Moon

Hey Everyone,
So I spent the weekend at the Miami Book Fair in the amazing city that is Miami. This was my first book fair and I have to admit it was kind of awesome. I got to meet some pretty amazing authors like Meg Cabot who of course wrote ‘The Princess Diaries’ among other books and I also met Ben H Winters who co authored ‘Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters’

I also made some great contacts for my own books so hopefully I’ll be releasing another book before you know it (fingers crossed). I learnt a lot about what it takes to be a successful author and I loved connecting with all the different authors/publishers/magazines etc. I wanted to film one of my writing tips YouTube videos at the Fair but much to my dismay my video camera died! But have no fear I still did my Writing Tip video and it should be up on YouTube within the next couple of days. All in all the Miami Book Fair was amazing and I hope to be one of the featured authors there one day.


Now I have a confession to make I am so excited for the New Moon movie! I am not excited because of Edward, Bella or the Cullen’s, I am actually really excited to see Jacob be the leading man and taking his shirt off for the most of the move isn’t a bad thing either :p I will be at the movies at midnight to see New Moon and I have a feeling as soon as Jacob comes on the screen there will be many teenage girls screaming with joy. I will infact contain myself and not scream at a cinema screen because unlike many teenage girls I know that even if I screamed at the screen Jacob is not going to jumped out of that screen and suddenly be right in front on me. Anyhow what about you? Do you love or hate New Moon and are you watching it at Midnight? Either way let me know.



Finally I had an idea for my blog, since I am a best selling author and I love to read, I was thinking about doing book reviews. Not really longwinded ones just quick fun reviews about books people either give me or I am just reading for fun. I was thinking about doing this on the last Friday of every month and calling it ‘The Friday Review’ (creative I know ) but let me know what you think of that idea. Love it? Hate it? Or if you have a book you think I should review please let me know =]

Okay so until next time leave comments have fun and if like me you’re watching New Moon on the 20th be considerate of your fellow movie goers and try not to scream at the screen too much (but grinning like a Cheshire cat is perfectly acceptable).

God Bless,
Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author
www.gracehatton.com

No comments: