Saturday, October 17, 2009

SUPRISE: Sometimes The Word Isn't Fair

Okay now I am not trying to have a bleak outlook here but today I had one of those moments, a moment when you suddenly realise how blessed we are to live in this country and how so many are not quite so blessed.

So I love the band Hillsong United and I was wandering their website when I saw the link for their new film I Heart: We're All in This Together. Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to click the link to the trailers. When I arrived on the trailers page, I clicked one called Moment and I was crying within seconds. I can't explain how powerful this trailer is so I wanted to show you



Did you cry? I sure did, as you know I went to South Africa on a mission trip in 2008and this four minute video brought me back to exactly where I was in those squatter camps in Joberg, South Africa. I remembered thinking as I held African orphans how unfair it was that those children that had done nothing to deserve being in that situation where they were fighting to survive everyday and then you come to the West and kids are complaining about their computer dying or being unpopular in school!

I know its hard to look up from our own lives but when you look at the children all around the world who have nothing, how can we say this world is fair? Now here's the surprise, sometimes the world isn't fair! We cannot take those children in Africa and simply move them to the suburbs of America but what we can do is refuse to let them go unnoticed.

We can do our part here in the West to let it be now that there is more to life then TV, FaceBook, Cell Phones and Having the Most Friends. This world is at the end of the day all about showing Love and I think its about time we starting showing some love for those who are all too easily forgotten.

The We're All in This Together documentary comes out for one night only on November 4th you can check out http://theiheartfilm.com/ for showtimes etc but I encourage you to look up from your own life, watch this movie and be inspired to shout this message from the rooftops for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Until Next Time,

God Bless,

Grace Hatton - Best Selling Teen Author and A Firm Believer in Changing the World One Day at a Time

No comments: