Thursday, December 2, 2010

25 Days of Christmas - Food, Cheer and Song

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” - J. R. R. Tolkien


What’s up people!
Today is the second day of my 25 days of Christmas Holiday Blog and I have to admit being in college I am currently more worried about my numerous papers due then my Holiday traditions but as a December Wild Child I can’t ignore the wonder that is Christmas time. This morning I was wondering what to write about today and then one of my good friends sent me this great quote by one of my writing idols, J.R.R Tolkien


Tolkein was perhaps one of the most influential writers of the 20th century and it turns out he was pretty smart. I thought the quote above was perfect for the holiday season. How about this year instead of fussing about who has the most gold a.k.a who gets the most expensive present, we focus on food, cheer and song a.k.a the simple things in life. What if we valued spending time with our families, eating good food and if you enjoy singing, singing christmas carols or any other song you feel obliged to sing. Why don’t we value the simple things over our hoarded gold?


The simple answer, we’re humans. Which means we’re greedy and want the new shiny things but as humans we also have the capacity to change. So this year instead of your entire christmas season being about who got the best most expensive present why don’t we focus on good food, being cheerful and singing our hearts out. Just a thought.



Until next time be blessed, stay strong and never give up,



God Bless,

Grace Hatton – Best Selling Teen Author
http://www.gracehatton.com/



P.S – Want the perfect christmas present for your daughter, niece, granddaughter etc then check out "The Guys The Roses and The Regrets"

No comments: