Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not Your Average Teen But Thats Okay

So I spent the last week on a cruise to Mexico for a family vacation which was pretty much fantastic but I also learnt something this week. I am not your average teen of course I already knew that but as I spent time with the rest of the teens on the cruise it was all of a sudden apparent to me this week just how different I am.

For example I haven't been drunk or gotten high in any point in my life and I haven't had a major horrible messy break up. I know being a teen is all about having fun but I also think just cause your a teen doesn't give you an excuse to waste the life you've been given. I love having a good time, I love dancing to the wee hours of the morning and I love laughing till it hurts but I don't need drugs or drink to make that happen. Is that so crazy that someone could actually be high off life?

I don't think so I believe every day is a gift and ever moment is worth living to the full and by that I mean take the responsibility to be happy and have fun without using any shortcuts (drink, drugs) along the way.

I've done some pretty amazing things in my life so far i.e write a best selling book, go on mission trips to south africa etc and I plan to do even more so even though I am not normal I am very grateful for that. After all not many seventeen year olds have done the things I've done and I know that every moment of joy I experience is even sweeter because its simply a result of the life I am choosing to live every single day =]

Thats all for now so Thank You for Reading and God Bless,

Grace Hatton - Best Selling Teen Author

No comments: